Wednesday 25 January 2017

5 Tips to stay in shape during CNY

So here's the long-awaited post to prep for your upcoming CNY feasting! :D

1. Go for the steamboat
Photo credits: shape.com.sg
Instead of keeping quiet while your friends and family are thinking of whether to head for CNY meals, or suggesting heavy dining places, be the hero and suggest STEAMBOAT! By choosing steamboat, you will be able to control the amount of proteins and carbs (which I'll be covering in the next point). Pick the items with as little seasoning as possible and non-fried. Lastly, avoid drinking the soup! :D

2. Proteins over carbs

Always always go for the proteins instead of carbs. Firstly, they don't bloat your stomach as much as carbs. Secondly, they are quality nutrients and helps your body to recover and build lean muscles when you fulfil the next point that I'll be covering. So, whack the proteins and of course, go for the leanest of the lot and avoid the fried ones!

3. HIIT the 15!

I remembered wanting to workout during the first day of CNY last year and we din have the time to head to the gym because we needed to help my mum prepare for the dinner. So I got Jason to head down to the void deck and do a workout with me (since it was drizzling). Well, all you need is 15 mins or even less for a quick HIIT workout. Ran out of ideas for your workout, you've got the best companion ever on your mobile phones, the Nike+ Training Club app!

Go download it if you haven't and add me as friend (Limaran Agustina), let me know what workout you did during CNY! You can always search for workouts below 15mins so #noexcuses! :D

4. Crispy M FTW

My close friends and family will already know that I don't like to eat Ba Kwa so I guess this isn't much of a concern for me. But if your favourite CNY goodie is the Ba Kwa, instead of reaching for them all the time, why not try the recently-launched Crispy M from Fragrance! I swear by it since the first time I tried it! Its not really Ba Kwa though there is some similar taste, but its a good replacement and less fattening and yummy (at least for me)! 

5. Sharing is caring

If you love your friends and family, you will care and share the calories too right? Instead of finishing a serving at one time, share that piece of kueh lapis with your friends and/or family! Split the love and still enjoy the goodies! :P
Have a blessed reunion and Lunar New Year everyone and I hope you will be able to stay in shape this year onwards! Huat ah! :D
post signature

4 comments:

  1. This post is very helpful for those who want to stay in shape. Thanks
    Benefits Of Eating Salad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really helpful article buddy! You really have a great stuff on this topic! Nutrition improves our health!

    Xcellerate 35

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very interesting information I can find here.
    pull-up bars

    ReplyDelete